The first season of Style Battle is winding down and earning a spot in the finals is not getting any easier.
Style Battle S1:E7 takes place Sept. 17 at Gulfview Event Center in Port Richey, Fla. Your FloSlam subscription gets you access to all the action as well as our other live events, replays an our ever-growing library of past pro wrestling events.
WWN officials have announced the eight competitors in the tournament and there are some heavy hitters in the field.
- AR Fox, the first EVOLVE champion, will be a member of the field. He made it to the semifinals in Episode One but fell to Dave Crist. He has also competed in Fray matches at Style Battle events and now looks to secure himself a spot in the finals against the other winners of the season's tournaments.
- Darby Allin, once known as a daredevil who takes huge risks in the search of bigger rewards, enters the tournament coming off of the biggest win of his career, a clean victory over Timothy Thatcher at EVOLVE 91. In his pursuit to prove himself a true top talent, a tournament win would go a long way.
- Ethan Case, force in PWX who has popped up more and more in WWN promotions in recent months, also enters the tournament. He won the 2015 PWX X-16 tournament, a sign of how successful he is in tournament formats.
- Nathan Cruz, the first ever PROGRESS champion, comes to Style Battle to make a mark in WWN.
- Saieve Al Sabah, an ACW standout, looks to take advantage of an opportunity on a bigger stage. A victory in a qualifying match at the last major ACW event earned him a spot in the tournament
- Leon Ruff has participated in two Fray matches at Style Battle. His victory in the Fray at S1:E6 earned him entry into the tournament.
- Matt Palmer makes the trek from Texas having captured multiple championships in indie promotions in his career.
- Kai Katana is loaded with talent and has a big stage to prove himself.